Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- What are my best (and most affordable) options for obtaining grocery items for my stay at the Beach Club Villas? We fly to the World and with the recent change in policy for checked luggage, we prefer not to bring these items with us.
- - Asked by Kim from South Dakota on 6/2/2008
Assuming you are buying a reasonable amount of groceries, you'll likely find that buying groceries at WDW convenience stores is not the most affordable option.
Since the best approach will differ by family, and your specific situation, I'll share a few common options that many people use to save money on groceries:
- Order groceries online for delivery from places like wegoshop.com, and gardengrocer.com. Please be aware that there is usually a nominal delivery fee.
- If you are already planning to use a car service from the airport (e.g., Sunray, Quicksilver, etc.) , many of them offer a free grocery store stop on the way to WDW. Since this type of service often runs $100 or more round-trip, it clearly isn't a cheap option just for the groceries.
- If you are already renting a car, then going to a grocery store outside of WDW can be a great option. There are many reasonably priced grocery chains like Publix, Winn-Dixie, Wal-Mart just outside of WDW. Goodings tends to be a bit more expensive than the others. Since we often rent a car, I have done grocery run at night (after the kids were asleep) many many times at WDW, and it works great.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.