Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I have read alot of the Q&A on bringing in your own coolers. One says no coolers with wheels. One says she does it all the time. Another one says no hard sided coolers. My question is, what about those smaller soft sided coolers with wheels?
- - Asked by Carolyn from North Carolina on 5/15/2008
- Hi Carolyn,
The below listed Question and Answer is what Walt Disney World prints on their website as what they do NOT allow guests to bring into the parks. You may bring in coolers as long as they are within the size restrictions I have listed below with no problems. Coolers with or without wheels (whether it be hard sided or soft sided are not allowed if they are larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high) are specifically one of those items mentioned that cannot be brought in and I believe it is for the comfort of all guests that this rule is in place so the parks are not filled with foldable chairs and large coolers everywhere. It would be very easy to park yourself, pull up a chair and have a picnic on main street for 2 hours waiting for a parade and if everyone does this it would be havoc in my opinion.
Q. Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the Theme Parks? A. Items that you may not bring into the Theme Parks include, but are not limited to:
- Items with wheels, such as wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, shoes with built-in wheels, two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances, strollers larger than 36" x 52", suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations), and any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind
- Folding chairs
- Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
- Pets (unless they are service animals)
- In Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.
I hope this helps!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.