Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We will be bringing our baseball team in April and wanted to know where a group of 24 can go to eat? Who takes reservations for a big group?
- - Asked by Valerie from Illinois on 11/16/2013
- Hi Valerie ~
Its always exciting to travel to Disney with your team for a sporting event.
There are lots of locations that can accommodate large dining parties. The key is making reservations far enough in advance so they can seat you all at one time. Keep in mind that they will likely split up your group between several tables. We've actually found it easier to talk to each other when we were at tables near each other instead of one long table. It also gave us more elbow room so we were more comfortable.
When feeding a hungry team, you may find that an all you can eat location is well worth the money. Dining outside of a theme park so that you don't have to pay park admission also saves money. Four of my favorites that fits both of these criteria are:
* 'Ohana at the Polynesian Resort. They serve breakfast and dinner. Breakfast includes characters but you may not want such a big breakfast. Dinner is more expensive but there is tons of food and no one walks away hungry.
* Whispering Canyon Café at the Wilderness Lodge. This location offers breakfast, lunch and dinner so you have 3 choices of times during the day to fit your schedule.
* Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. It is a character buffet and those tend to be a little more expensive but you get a chance to meet Mickey and 4 of his friends.
* Cape May Café at the Beach Club Resort. They serve breakfast and dinner. Breakfast includes characters.
Dining Reservations can be made beginning 180 days prior to your trip and for a group that big, I'd highly recommend that you do that as soon as possible. I'd also suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE instead of trying to make reservations online. Try to be flexible with a group that large.
Please feel free to visit with all of your planning questions.
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.