Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Our first trip to Disney is rapidly approaching! We purchased tix for MVMCP. Our oldest daughter is in a wheelchair and has sensory issues. Do you have any recommendations for uninstructed viewing?
- - Asked by Allen from Michigan on 10/20/2013
- Hi, Allen!
You're going to really enjoy Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party; there's nothing like magical snow on Main Street, USA and dancing reindeer and marching toy soldiers to put everyone in the festive holiday spirit! Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade is definitely one of the highlights of the evening!
My husband is also in a wheelchair and, for parade viewing, we like to go to one of the three spots along the parade route in Magic Kingdom which are specially designated for guests with mobility disabilities.
The three disabled parade viewing areas are located at:
- the central plaza in Town Square (in front of the Walt Disney World Railroad station);
- the Castle Hub (directly in front of Cinderella Castle);
- the Liberty Bell area (directly across from The Hall of Presidents attraction) in Liberty Square.
I would recommend arriving at least 45 minutes in advance of the parade start time, as the disabled viewing locations fill up very quickly. Also, the motorized scooters (ECVs) take up a good amount of space, so if you can secure a spot at the front of the disabled viewing section (just behind the rope) your daughter will have the best, unobstructed view possible. She is also more likely to get special attention from the dancers and Disney characters as they pass by!
Wishing you a magical vacation and loads of holiday cheer at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.