Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- My head is spinning trying to figure out how to plan this first trip to Disney. Does one make reservations for meals around the parks? We don't want to miss or try for what we can get?
- - Asked by Sheilagh from Nova Scotia on 5/14/2008
My recommendation for a first trip would be to plan in the following order:
1) Figure out which parks and activities do you want to do (don't try to do everything)?
2) Figure out which parks are the least busy each day (touringplans.com or tourguidemike.com can help)
3) Plan your parks and activities per day, and try to plan a couple of non-park/rest days, if possible (especially if you are visiting more than 4 days)
4) Figure out the sit-down/table-service restaurants you want to eat at. I'd recommend no more than one per day for a first-time visitor, since these meals take up a lot of time and limit your flexibility
5) Match any in-park restaurants you pick to the days when you plan to be in those parks. Fit in the other restaurant reservations, as you desire.
6) Once you are at 180 days from your first day of your vacation, start calling 407-WDW-DINE to make your reservations. Not all restaurants have to be reserved this far in advance, but some do (e.g., Cinderella's Royal Table, Le Cellier, California Grill)
Then wait for your vacation -- and try no to re-think your plans over and over again! ;-)
Hope that helps.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.