Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are going to be at the parks for 6 days, not including check in/out days, with my 3 and 1 year old. For anyone who has done that long of a vacation, how did you handle overload? Should I plan a day off or just afternoons off?
- - Asked by Jessica from South Carolina on 3/20/2014
- Hi Jessica! Lucky you to have that much time at Disney World! We have done that and longer, and somehow we still leave with things on our to do list! The best part is you have the luxury of time. It's especially great since your kids are young, you won't feel the need to push and do it all in one day. You can go to a park early in the morning, go back to the room and nap and swim, then visit the park later that day or even on another day.
I would definitely plan for non-park time. We love having a day to explore our resort. There's always so much to do, whatever resort you're staying at. A day by the pool, lunch, the arcade and so many activities to enjoy. Here are some other non-theme park suggestions:
- Downtown Disney: The shops are so fun, where your kids can make Lego creations, build a Dino and more. There's tons more to do too - bowling at Splittsville, a movie at the AMC theatre or enjoy a performance at the stage.
- Visit other resorts. A boat or monorail ride to get there is half the fun! And they all have a quick serve dining option, so lunch is a great idea.
-Spend time at Fort Wilderness Campground. Visit the Tri-Circle D Ranch, ride a pony and stay for the Chip 'n Dale Sing Along and movie night.
- Check out the Boardwalk. The magicians, buskers and games in the evening hours are fun for all ages.
Hope this helps Jessica! Write back with other questions!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.