Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hello Derek! What would be your recommendation on mini golf courses for DD3 and DD6? Thanks in advance!
- - Asked by Steven on 8/27/2013
- Hi Steven!
Thank you so much for sending your question my way. I really appreciate it!
As you may know, there are two options for miniature golf in Walt Disney World: (1) Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf; and (2) Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. But what you may not know is that numerous PGA Tour professionals use these courses to practice their putting in the off-season.
(Actually, I made that last part up.)
The Fantasia Gardens and Fairways courses are absolutely gorgeous. The sculptures and artwork found throughout the Gardens course make you feel like you're in one of the theme park attractions. If you're skilled with your putter, then the Fairways course will be a welcome challenge. Visually, it's like playing on a real golf course.
However, since you have younger children, I'm thinking that I'd lean more toward hitting Winter Summerland Miniature Golf instead. Here's why:
1) Visually, it'll be like no other miniature golf experience your children have even seen because of it's whimsical design and winter theming (especially on the snow course).
2) Personally, I think your children will have an easier time with the level of difficulty at the Winter Summerland courses.
3) It's super easy to get to if you don't have a car and you're staying at one of the Walt Disney World resort hotels (just take the Blizzard Beach bus from your hotel).
Here's a little tip from your buddy Derek:
Either way you go, it might be interesting to know that there's a 50% discount on admission for a second round of play (same-day only) if someone in your family declares that a rematch is in order!
I hope that helps! Please feel free to write back if you should have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.