Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi DADS! Want to surprise DH with a round of golf while we visit and am wondering... Best course, best course with easy access from GF and guesstimate of cost (round,shoes,clubs & cart)??? Thank You
- - Asked by Ashley on 4/19/2013
That is a WONDERFUL surprise! Here are a few answers for you;
- As a guest of a Walt Disney World resort, they will provide transportation to and from the golf course as part of the rounds fee.
- The best courses, in my estimation, would be the Palm and Magnolia courses. They are the ones used for the PGA events that have been held at Walt Disney World.
- If you have a friend or club pro who can offer an analysis of what kind of golf he prefers, Palm is more for players who like hazard challenges, whereas the Magnolia course is more for long-ball hitters.
- If you are not sure, go for the Magnolia, not only for the nature of the long fairways, but also because there is a sand trap shaped like a hidden Mickey!
- both of these courses are very close (5 to 10 minutes away by car) from the Grand Floridian, so even the 'commute' will be short.
- Club rental is also free if you are a Disney resort guest. I don't think you would rent shoes, so figure out a way to pack his without him knowing.
- The last time I checked, a round costs somewhere in the $110 to $150 range, though that may be higher by now. That should include a cart, but check with them on that.
I can tell you that a round of golf on a PGA grade course, with cart, with clubs, with transportation to and from your resort for $150 is pretty much a steal ANYWHERE! Definitely do this. Call 407-938-GOLF to confirm pricing and policies, and make your reservation now!
Have a magical vacation!
- View more answers about Golf
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.