Disney Parks Moms Panel
  • Search for Answers Search
  • Submit a Question

    Can't find the answers you need? Ask your question and it may be posted and addressed by the panel!


Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel

  • My In-laws are Florida Residents and they wanted to buy our kids Disney passes as gifts. They aren't going to go to Disney with us, so my FIL wanted to know if when he goes to AAA he should tell them that and not take the Fl resident discount? He doesn't w
  • - Asked by Marie from Rhode Island on 1/30/2014
  • Hi Marie!

    Thanks for sending your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel! From my experience using the Florida Resident Discounts, when a ticket is purchased for a minor, the adult purchasing must show their Florida ID upon arrival at the parks. Your father in law may want to inquire with AAA if the tickets he is purchasing will be given in the form of a voucher (which would require you to visit a ticket window and exchange for an actual ticket) or of AAA is providing tickets which would enable the kids to head right to the gate and bypass the ticket window. Walt Disney World recently changed the ticket system where before they would give paper tickets, now they are giving a plastic RFID card as a ticket, which works in conjunction with a new system called My Magic +

    Hope this helps! It has been a pleasure assisting you!

    Happy Planning!

Back to Florida Resident Print this page
  • Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.