Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are leaving on our 7 day Mexican Riviera on Jan. 8th! We're starting to pack and just wondering, we are second seating dining, will we still have formal night, semi formal night, and pirate night? Do we wear our clothes to the show first?
- - Asked by Sally from Utah on 12/29/2011
- Hi, Sally!
Yes, both the main and second seatings for dinner experience formal, semi-formal and pirate nights. My family and I sailed on the Disney Wonder to the Mexican Riviera last month, and it was fun to be Pirates of the Caribbean IN the Pacific!
I actually like second seating dinner for several reasons:
- If you're on a Port Adventure, you don't have to worry about getting back to the ship in time for that early dinner.
- Once we're on vacation, we settle into a routine of staying up late and sleeping late. Therefore, the second seating fits better with our new schedule.
- My little ones care more about the live show than they do dinner. So, we feed them something quick first, and they are most fresh for the show. Then, they choose whether or not they'd like to go to dinner or spend time in the youth activities spaces.
You can go to the Walt Disney Theater however you choose -- in day wear, dressed for dinner or how you arrived coming in from a Port Adventure. Then, you'll have time to change between the show and dinner (about 30+ minutes). And remember...although Disney ships are huge, it's still easy to slip back to your room to change or grab something you forgot.
I hope this helps you plan and pack, and thanks for visiting me here on the Disney Moms Panel. Very soon, the Disney Cruise Line YouTube Channel will post my videos about the voyages to the Mexican Riviera. So stay tuned for a preview of what to expect!
Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation! Bon voyage!
- View more answers about Dining
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.