Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- What are the chances that we will be able to change our dining time (we have the late one and have 3 little kids) once on board the Dream? We are sailing Feb. 16 - 20!! YEAH!
- - Asked by Janet from Alberta on 1/31/2011
- Congratulations, Janet, on your upcoming cruise aboard the new Disney Dream -- you are going to think you're living a dream when you're sailing!
You can certainly request to have your dining time changed once you are on board. Yet, as crazy as it seems, I actually prefer the later dinner seating with my little ones. We usually do one of two things:
- We feed the little kids quick-service food or room service (which they love) before the first show. Then, we all get to enjoy the theater together as a family when the young ones are "freshest." They enjoy the kids' clubs while my husband and I enjoy a meal with our two teens (or alone).
- Or, we order the kids' entrees to be delivered during our appetizer. Then, the kids' club counselors will either meet the children at the entrances to the restaurants or parents can quickly check them into the club in between courses. Our kids would rather be in the clubs than having to sit still at a long dinner, and then we can go out afterward while they enjoy "downtime" watching a movie, having a snack or even taking a nap at the kids' club.
So, you see...you may change your mind about that second dinner seating being a second choice for young families. I hope this helps you plan and gives you a little food for thought! Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
- View more answers about Dining
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.