Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are doing the Dream in Feb for a 3 night cruise. My question is for our evening meals, is my husband okay to wear nice jeans & "dressy" running shoes? We will NOT be dining at Palo, so I'm hoping he is fine with jeans & a nice golf shi
- - Asked by Wendy on 1/16/2011
- Hi, Wendy!
Congratulations on your upcoming cruise aboard the Disney Dream -- she will awe and amaze you! Make sure your batteries are charged and you have lots of memory space for your cameras as well as for you personally!
For me, a cruise is an extra special vacation. Not everyone gets to take such a luxurious voyage. Therefore, I treat it as such, and I ask for the men in my family to wear khaki pants, a collared shirt and loafers in the evening. I do this for two reasons:
- I think the decor and occasion of dinner and an evening show aboard a cruise ship warrants dressing up a bit, and I certainly don't want them to feel the self-consciousness of being under-dressed.
- There are so many occasions to take personal pictures as well as those by professionals aboard the ship. These are the pictures that will "live" as your screen savers, on your bulletin boards and in your picture frames and albums for years to come. We, as a family, don't often have occasions where we're all dressed up and get our picture made together. Therefore, I cherish those photos made aboard Disney ships!
With all that said, your husband will probably not feel out of place with dark, nice jeans, a collared shirt and nice casual shoes. Yet, I would encourage you to put a little more thought into your cruise attire than you would a beach vacation. I have learned that it's time well spent when planning. Have a wonderful day and a magical vacation. Bon voyage!
- View more answers about Dining
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.