Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Parks Moms Panel answers your questions about Disney Cruise Line® .
Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hello - we are leaving in 25 days for our first Disney Cruise. Excited does not describe it!!! We have 5 kids ages 7-12 and I am overwhelmed with all the packing. Any tips on what to make sure to bring and what can be left behind?
- - Asked by Julie from Wisconsin on 10/11/2010
You should be beyond excited, and you've got quite a crew to pack for! Here are a few things I would pack that might make things a little easier:
- Travel Clock - One that lights up, as the only clock in the stateroom is a dial clock that is not illuminated.
- Night Light - Helpful for keeping the cabin dark enough to sleep, but light enough for you to check in on everyone.
- Over-door Shoe Organizer - Very handy when traveling in a group. It is a great place to store things such as keys, lanyards, toiletries, makeup, and hair accessories without taking up the limited counter space.
- Sticky Notes - To leave messages for each other, they're helpful in keeping track of everyone's whereabouts.
- High-lighters - Bring a different color for each member of your party to mark up your daily Personal Navigator to show what everyone wants to participate in.
- Glow sticks/necklaces, pirate eye patches - Purchase them at a dollar store add a little bit of inexpensive fun to the Pirate themed evening.
- Underwater disposable camera
- Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets - My new favorite "must pack". Do a a few loads of laundry and you can really cut down on the amount of luggage you bring. These are the best way I've found to transport the detergent and softener.
- Pop-up Hampers - By bringing one or two of these, you will be able to keep all the laundry sorted and organized inside the closet. It also gives you a convenient way carry everything to the laundry room.
- Medicine Kit - Bring a supply of the basics. These things can be purchased onboard, but are relatively expensive and only available when the merchandise shops are open.
Leave at home? About 1/2 of the clothes you've set out to pack. Honestly you will find that a couple loads of laundry will go a long way! Happy packing!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.