• On Mar 25, 2016
    Liz from Suffolk Asked

    My youngest son is 8yrs and suffers from hypermobility syndrome. He is unable to walk far or stand for long periods without suffering from pain in his knees and lower legs. I have been reading about the DAS pass. What documents do I need to bring with me?

    Hello, Liz,

    Thank you for sending your question to the Disney Parks Moms Panel.  Of the many reasons Walt Disney World holds a special place in my heart, one of those reasons is how well Disney provides Services for Guests with Disabilities. My mother is confined to a wheelchair, and I know first-hand how well she was treated and how she still was able to enjoy so many of the attractions when she visited a few years ago.  It really is a magical place!

    When your son visits, he'll be able to obtain a Disability Access Service (DAS) card. Disney Parks takes guests at their word, so you won't need any documents to acquire the DAS card.  If you have any further questions, you can contact Walt Disney World at Disability.services@disneyparks.com or (407) 560-2547.

    Wishing you a trip filled with many unforgettable moments!  Please let us know if you have any further questions. -Kara
thumbnail image for Kara

Meet the Panelist: Kara, Nebraska

I’m a middle-school teacher with a family of 3 sons who have grown up through Disney. I am known by friends as the Star Wars loving Disney Geek who always wants to serve up tips and ideas of how to make visits to Walt Disney World special and magical.

Learn More About Kara

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.