Mom And Son On Run
  • On Jun 1, 2012
    Marcia from WI Asked

    It will be just me and my 7 year old daughter on vacation at WDW! I have some trepidation on how I can ensure care for my child if I have a medical emergency. Any advice? My husband and all other family will be out of state. Thanks in advance!

    Hi Marcia,

    I think you and your daughter are going to have a wonderful time on your vacation together!  I'm hoping that your trepidation is based solely on the idea of some odd thing happening to you that would require you to get medical attention.  If this is the case, the first thing I recommend is making sure your daughter knows what a cast member name tag looks like.  Should something happen to you, she should know to find any cast member and explain the situation.  Likewise, if she gets lost, she should do the same.  You can also purchase "temporary tattoos",  like the ones found, for your child with emergency contact info, so a family member can be contacted in the event of an emergency. 

    If you are severely ill and feel as though you need a traveling partner.  Kids Nite Out, a childcare provider recommended by Walt Disney World, has caretakers who can travel in the parks with you. You must provide park tickets as well as paying an hourly rate for this service.

    Hope this helps.  Have a magical (worry-free) vacation!
thumbnail image for Diane

Meet the Panelist: Diane, Rhode Island

I am Diane from RI.  My husband and I have 3 children. I took my first trip to Walt Disney World when I was 11 and I have traveled many times since then with all different party sizes.   Every aspect of planning a vacation is pure joy to me. Learn More About Diane

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.