Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Mar 27, 2012
    Lori Asked

    Our visit is only 5 days away!!! I have a 4 yr old disabled child & was wondering what is required to get the special assistance guest pass at the theme parks? She has both physical and cognitive delay. Will a letter from our doctor suffice?

    Hi Lori!  Wow!! I'm so excited for you and your family!  You will absolutely enjoy your vacation at Walt Disney World!  Disney is well known for being very accommodating with respect to guests with disabilities.  One of the ways in which they have made park experiences more pleasurable for special needs guests is by using the Guest Assistance Card.  When arriving at your park of choice, head to Guest Relations.  They will ask you questions with respect to your stay, in order to make sure that they are able to provide you with GAC that is most appropriate for your child.  It always helps to bring a note from the doctor explaining what your child's diagnosis, as some disabilities are not always obvious to the outside eye.  Remember, your GAC is valid for the entire duration of your stay. Hope this helps you plan your magical vacation! -Malanie
thumbnail image for Malanie

Meet the Panelist: Malanie, New York

I am a single mom of two awesome children and our vacations are always centered around a visit to Walt Disney World! Helping to plan a Disney vacation is an honor and I'm so excited to be able to help you create magical moments for you and your families! Learn More About Malanie

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.