Child watching parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • On Jul 22, 2017
    Kary from Distrito Nacional Asked

    Hi, I am traveling with my toddler and my brother who has autism. In order to get an accessibility card for him do I need a medical report? Thank you

    Hiya Kary!

    Thank you so much for stopping by!  I have a son that has many of the sound sensitivities and personal space and boundary issues that many children with autism experience, so I do understand some of the complexities of standing in an attraction queue with other guests and the difficulties that can bring.  

    The Disability Access Service Card at Walt Disney World is designed specifically for guests like your brother.  Once you arrive visit Guest Relations at the park, and they will get you all set up with his DAS Card.  Keep in mind that this can be used in conjunction with FastPass+, so you should be able to get more done with less effort on your part.  Please check out the link I've posted above, it's highlighted some Frequently Asked Questions, and some information you should know before you go.

    Have a magical vacation and thank you so much for stopping by!
thumbnail image for Amanda

Meet the Panelist: Amanda, Texas

I am a former Kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home Mom to my 2 boys and daughter.  I've been married to my High School sweetheart since 2000, and we consider ourselves experienced Walt Disney World travelers with little ones. Learn More About Amanda

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.