Mom And Son Safari
  • On Feb 12, 2009
    Amanda from SC Asked

    I was told that there was a place that our children can be safe and be watched after while my husband and I have some one on one time.

    Hi Amanda!

    There are a number of child care centers in several of the deluxe resorts at Disney.  (The are located at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Yacht & Beach Club.) Any guests may use these centers by making reservations at (407)WDW-DINE (939-3463) or stopping by in person. They serve the children dinner (which you pick before dropping them off), have games, crafts and activities as well as a "rest" area for kids who get puckered out.   The centers are usually open from 4:30pm to midnight.  Children must be four years old and potty trained to attend.  My kids have stayed at these centers while my husband and I enjoyed a night out.  They LOVE them, and generally don't want to leave!

    If your kids are too young, you can also arrange for in-room babysitting  through one of the independent companies Disney contracts with, including Fairy Godmothers (407-277-3724), or Kid's Nite Out ( Their child-care providers will watch small children and/or infants in your hotel room while you go out.  The sitters generally come to your room with a games, books, or small craft projects.

    Either is a great option for a romantic night with your husband!

    Have a wonderful trip!

thumbnail image for Tanya

Meet the Panelist: Tanya, New Jersey

I am Tanya from FL, full-time mom to two fun-loving boys. I have an array of planning tips and believe I offer a unique perspective on how to make Disney an amazing adventure for individuals with a variety of needs and abilities. Learn More About Tanya

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.