Mom And Kids Mickey Ice Cream Bar
  • On Sep 20, 2015
    Caroline from Fife Asked

    My son is disabled and needs a carer with him at all times, does the carer have to pay entrance for Disney? Or can a disabled person take a carer for free?

    Hello Caroline! Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel. You have a beautiful name by the way!

    It sounds like your son will have a great time at the Walt Disney World Resort. I think it is wonderful that he will be traveling with a Carer to help make his time a bit easier! All guests over two years of age are required to have a valid Theme Park Ticket for entrance to any of the four Disney Theme Parks and any of the two Disney Water Parks.

    Even though the Carer will have to pay for admission to the parks, The Walt Disney World Resort works very hard to help accommodate those with disabilities. Be sure to have your son check out the Services for Guests with Disabilities. Here you can see all of the services that are offered to “provide access to as many Guests as possible.”

    I hope that a wonderful time is had by all!

thumbnail image for Heather

Meet the Panelist: Heather, New York

I am a mom, wife, oncology nurse, daydreamer, and wannabe Disney Princess! If I am not on a Walt Disney World vacation, I am planning my next one. I have experience navigating the parks with babies, toddlers, tweens, teens, and large multigenerational groups. I love helping others plan their Walt Disney World vacations and I am here to help make all of your dreams come true! Learn More About Heather

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.