Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Apr 12, 2014
    Nikki from MO Asked

    I've seen mention of a "Magic Card" and a "Magic Band". Are these issued to anyone with park tickets.

    Hi Nikki,

    Thanks for stopping by the Disney Parks Moms Panel. MagicBands are a part of the MyMagic+ system. If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, you (and your travel party) will be receiving MagicBands. The MagicBands will act as your room key and can do many other things. If you link your park tickets in My Disney Experience, the MagicBand can be used to enter the park and for your FastPass+ selections. If you have a Disney Dining Plan, the MagicBand will hold your dining credits. If you choose, you can set up your MagicBand to charge any purchases. 

    I haven't heard of a "magic card," but if you are staying off site, you will receive a new, hard plastic park ticket that will allow you to use the touch points to enter the park and for FastPass+. You can purchase a MagicBand and link your park tickets to it. 

    Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions!
    Wishing you a magical vacation,
    Amy H. 
thumbnail image for Amy

Meet the Panelist: Amy, North Carolina

Hey, Howdy, Hey! I'm Amy H. and I have been a fan of Walt Disney World since my first visit during the Magic Kingdom Park's opening year. I am married to my favorite person in the world and together we have a teenaged son and daughter plus an assortment of animals. We have been visiting Walt Disney World since before the kids were born so I have a family of experts supporting me. No matter the ages or size of your traveling party, I'd love to help plan your trip to Walt Disney World! Learn More About Amy

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.