Family with Mickey and Minnie
  • On Feb 22, 2020
    Kimberly from AZ Asked

    Hi we just moved to so cal last week and want to come to the park but I’m waiting on my appointment for dmv what other forms of so cal Resident is acceptable thanks

    Hi Kimberly!

    Welcome! Thank you for bringing this Disneyland Resort planning question to us hEAR at the Disney Parks Moms Panel! And let me also say a big double-ears 'Welcome Home!' to sunny Southern California! I actually moved here not too long ago myself, and just like you I couldn't wait to get to Uncle Walt's original theme park. You're going to love being close to the magic at the Happiest Place on Earth!

    To be able to take advantage of special Southern California pricing options, which is defined as those living in zip codes 90000 - 93599, you will need to provide a California drivers license or other form of government-issued photo ID that also lists your new street address on it. Other move-related documenting paperwork such as a lease or a utility bill unfortunately cannot be accepted as proof of residency. I do have a bit of good news which is that the currently offered, and very popular, SoCal Resident Ticket is available for purchase through May 18 of this year. And when you do have a chance to purchase these amazing tickets after officially becoming a Californian, which sounds like the perfect way to celebrate the finalization of your big move, you can use these passes up until May 21!

    Did you know that once you do receive your new ID, you'll also be eligible for the Southern California Select Annual Passport, as well as the option to make monthly payments on the other Disneyland Resort Annual Passport plans too? Annual Passports keep the fun going year-round, and they come with some pretty sweet perks, like discounts on merchandise and Disneyland Dining Locations. There's even AP exclusive merchandise during special celebrations and events, like the 2020 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival that's happening right now until April 21. And better yet, if you do get the SoCal Resident 3-Day ticket and have so much fun that on any of those *three days you decide that you'd like to purchase any Annual Passport plan, you can upgrade your initial SoCal ticket and the funds spent on the 3-day ticket will count towards your AP total cost! (*Do note that to upgrade you must do so by park closing of your third day.)

    I hoped this helped to clEAR things up a bit, Kimberly, and if you have any more Disneyland Resort planning questions, We're All Ears!

    ~Kristen N.
thumbnail image for Kristen

Meet the Panelist: Kristen, Texas

Hi, I'm Kristen! I am a preschool mom and military wife who loves keeping up with the latest Disney Parks news. Trips to Walt Disney World have always been fun, but now that I'm the parent AND the planner every moment is that much more treasured.  I am so honored and excited to be able to share tips I've picked up, pass on fun factoids I've learned, and help create magical moments for your vacation of a lifetime!  Learn More About Kristen

Related Video

  • thumbnail image for Disneyland Resort Foodie Guide

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.