Mom And Kids Mickey Ice Cream Bar
  • On Aug 31, 2009
    Cheryl from QC Asked

    I'd like to bring my 20yo mentally/physically handicapped sister to WDW because she loves Disney music, but I'm wondering if it would be very difficult for me on my own. Would there be any possibility of getting a caregiver for her if I need a night off?

    Walt Disney World is one of the most popular vacation destinations for special needs families. And I can certainly understand the need for a caregiver to have a little break.

    In-room babysitting is available for all the WDW hotels. Disney contracts with a few companies to provide in-room sitters, including Fairy Godmothers (407-277-3724), Kid's Nite Out ( These sitters primarily watch small children, but in some cases will also stay with older special needs children and adults. You will need to contact the agencies above and discuss your sister's challenges and they let you know whether they have caregivers who can assist you.

    Good luck!
thumbnail image for Erin

Meet the Panelist: Erin, New York

I have three teenage daughters. We're DVC members obsessed with Disney travel. We've been to Walt Disney World countless times and have visited Disneyland & Disneyland Paris. We've taken several Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise trips. Learn More About Erin

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.