Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Jun 17, 2015
    Jennifer from TX Asked

    Hello! My DH had gastric surgery and can only eat a very small amount of food. He has a medical card to give at restaurants that allow him to eat off of the kids menu. Will Disney honor this at table service restaurants and buffets/character dining?

    Hi, Jennifer! As a bariatric patient myself, I know that Walt Disney World has a great policy for us. Your husband should bring his weight-loss surgery card issued by his doctor or hospital with him to all Walt Disney World restaurants.  He will show it to his serving Cast Member in order to pay the children's price for a buffet or to allow him to order off the children's menu at non-buffet meals. If he chooses not to eat at all, some restaurants (especially character experiences) only charge an entertainment fee. Just ask the Cast Member serving you what the policy is for that particular restaurant. It might be more economical to purchase the child-priced meal.  Happy planning and have a Magical vacation!
thumbnail image for Krista

Meet the Panelist: Krista, Tennessee

My husband and I have a 16 year-old daughter and an 14 year-old son and over a decade's worth of Disney traditions and memories. We try new experiences each trip, so we have experienced many "extras" in and out of the parks. Learn More About Krista

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.