Mom And Daughter Resort Room
  • On Dec 29, 2012
    Cynthia from IL Asked

    Followup to prev question. Since my mom won't be able to take ECV on boat from Ft Wild to MK, my parents will likely drive their car. Do the parking areas have handicapped spots? Can the ECV go on a tram?

    Hello again Cynthia,

    Yes, there are handicapped parking areas near the front of all Disney's theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney. You'll need to have appropriate handicapped auto identification to use this, either a designation on the car license plate or a hang tag on the rear view mirror. Once you're at the park, just ask the attendant at the gate and he or she will direct you to the appropriate parking area.

    In the case of the Magic Kingdom, you'll park at the Transportation and Ticket Center in the handicapped lot there. The trams are not accessible to ECVs, but you'll be just a short distance away from either the monorail or ferry transportation to the MK. Your mom will be able to drive the ECV right from the parking area to the monorail or ferry.

    Please let us know if you need additional information. We're happy to help.
thumbnail image for Erin

Meet the Panelist: Erin, New York

I have three teenage daughters. We're DVC members obsessed with Disney travel. We've been to Walt Disney World countless times and have visited Disneyland & Disneyland Paris. We've taken several Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise trips. Learn More About Erin

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.