Skip to content Back to Your Answers
Please review our Terms of Use, which changed on September 26, 2019. Close
Mom And Daughter Hammock
  • On Jun 10, 2012
    Cheryl from IL Asked

    I am divorced and heard I need signed approval from my children's father to set sail. Is there a form letter? Does it need to be notarized?

    Ahoy Cheryl!
    Welcome to the Moms Panel!  I'm sure your crew is ready to embark on a magical Disney cruise that is sure to be filled with pixie dusted moments!  When you check-in at the cruise terminal you will need to present your children's birth certificates or passports along with the minor authorization form.  This form can be found online when you complete your online check-in at  It only needs to be signed by your children's father not notarized. 
    Thanks so much for visiting the Moms Panel!  Please let me know if you have any other cruise questions before you set sail!
    Have a wonderful day!
thumbnail image for Nancy

Meet the Panelist: Nancy, Georgia

Ahoy there!I'm excited to help you plan a magical voyage filled with pixie dust onboard one of the magnificent Disney cruise ships. As a mom of two,I love planning a Disney cruise and can't wait for you to experience all that DCL has to offer. Learn More About Nancy

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.