Mom And Kids Animal Kingdom
  • On Jan 22, 2013
    Cynthia from PA Asked

    We have a Disney vacation planned, but husband will be having knee surgery right before we leave. Will he be able to get a guest assistance card since he will be using crutches and not able to stand for long periods of time?

    While I can't guarantee that your husband will be given a Guest Assistance Card, Cynthia, I would guess that it is very likely.  Guest Assistance Cards are meant to assist guests of all ages and abilities to easily navigate the parks.  Considering that your husband will be so fresh off of knee surgery, I'd venture to guess that he will qualify.  Just be sure to stop by Guest Relations as soon as you enter any of the four major theme parks.  When you speak with a Cast Member there, be sure to offer as many precise details about your husband's temporary condition as you can.  The Cast Member will do everything in his or her power to ensure that your family can easily experience the attractions within the theme parks.  This can include setting you up with an alternate area to wait--somewhere that your husband can sit while you wait in the queue.  You might also consider getting him a wheelchair, as that would enable him to sit wherever you go.  Good luck, Cynthia!  Have a wonderful vacation.
thumbnail image for Darcie

Meet the Panelist: Darcie, Arizona

If you're looking to plan a trip for a large party or if your group includes special needs travelers, you've come to the right mom! I'm a southeastern Arizona girl, eager to help you plan the most magical trip you'll ever take.  Learn More About Darcie

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.