Mom and daughter on Expedition Everest
  • On Jul 26, 2008
    Diana from TX Asked

    Darcie, since we are leaving in a week it's a bit late for his pediatrician to write a letter stating his disability, can I still get a Guest Assistance Card? ~ Diana

    A note from a Doctor would be helpful, but it's not necessary.  In the past, I've used my daughter's handicap parking placard with the accompanying documentation to show the Cast Member at the Guest Services counter that my daughter has special needs.  If you don't have that either, don't worry.  Just take your son to the Guest Services counter and talk with the Cast Member there about the specific limitations your son has.  He or she will happily offer help in the way of a Guest Assistance Card as well as helpful advice that will almost certainly make your park touring experience a little easier.  Just be sure to take him with you and be prepared to give specific examples of your son's disability. 
thumbnail image for Darcie

Meet the Panelist: Darcie, Arizona

If you're looking to plan a trip for a large party or if your group includes special needs travelers, you've come to the right mom! I'm a southeastern Arizona girl, eager to help you plan the most magical trip you'll ever take.  Learn More About Darcie

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.