Mom And Daughter Magic Kingdom Cinderella's Castle
  • On Jan 8, 2008
    Sarah from ON Asked

    We are coming to Disney for Easter weekend in March. We have 3.5 year old twin daughters, one of whom has CP and can't walk yet. I've heard of a special needs pass that avoids having to wait in line for the rides - how do we find out about that?

    The special assistance card is designed to accommodate people who are unable to access an attraction through the standard entrance.  It allows those with limited abilities (in wheelchairs, for example) to enter an attraction through an alternate entrance.  Because your daughter cannot walk yet, you would likely be permitted to use a stroller as a wheelchair and access certain attractions through an alternate entrance.  You should be aware, however, that not every attraction has an alternate entrance.  Also, the special assistance card does not permit immediate entrance into a ride and you will still wait to board, just in a different place.

    To obtain a special assistance card, take your daughter with you and visit Guest Services upon entering the park.  It may be helpful to bring along a note from your daughter's pediatrician explaining her limitations.  Further information about all aspects of traveling with a special needs guest can be found in the Guests with Disabilities FAQ

thumbnail image for Darcie

Meet the Panelist: Darcie, Arizona

If you're looking to plan a trip for a large party or if your group includes special needs travelers, you've come to the right mom! I'm a southeastern Arizona girl, eager to help you plan the most magical trip you'll ever take.  Learn More About Darcie

Didn't find what you were looking for?

To submit your question, please sign in now if you have not already done so.

Ask a QuestionOpens the Ask a Question dialog box.

Update Browser

For a better experience browsing this website, please download an updated version of Internet Explorer.

Or you can continue browsing without updating.