Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- WHat are some healthy places to eat at each park?
- - Asked by Jessica from Texas on 1/6/2010
- Hi Jessica!
Each park has plentiful healthy options including at least one snack area that specializes in fruit & fresh options at every park. Every restaurant has at least a few healthy options on the menu.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Columbia Harbor House - Lighthouse sandwich with Hummus & Broccoli slaw, Vegetarian Chili
- An honorable mention goes to the Baked Potato stand in Liberty Square. It a great grab-and-go option, and it really warms you up on a chilly or rainy day!
- Toontown Farmers Market - tons of fresh fruit options: grapes, apples, fruit cups
- Harambe Fruit Market - Fresh Pineapple! YUM! Also, this is one of the many spots at Disney World where you can get a hot, soft Pretzel (pretzels are vegan too)
- Yak & Yeti - for an Asian style twist, try the House Stir Fried Vegetables and brown rice. If you enjoy fish, I've been told that the Seared Miso Salmon is incredible
- Sunshine Seasons - Tons of fresh options here. One of the easiest restaurants to pick a healthy option!
- Teppan Edo - If you like Hibachi style dining, you'll love this experience in Japan. A must-do for each of our trips, I especially enjoy the vegetables and udon noodles
Don't forget to ask about healthy/vegetarian options if the menu doesn't appeal to you. As a vegetarian who recently attended the Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner show, I was worried about what I could eat. But, I didn't need to ! A chef gave me a choice of pasta or grilled vegetables. I chose the veggies and they were perfect, delicious, & plentiful.
- 50's Prime Time Cafe - Another of our favorite restaurants! The next time we go I can't wait to try the Roasted Pepper with whole grains & ratatouille
- Backlot Express - Roasted vegetable sandwich
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.