Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Planning trip with 2 year old Type 1 diabetic son and his service dog. Anyone have any tips or suggestion on things we should/should not do for this trip. Bit nervous traveling, 1st big trip since diagnosis and getting the service dog.
- - Asked by Michelle from Texas on 1/22/2014
Welcome to the Disney Parks Mom Panel!
There is no need to be nervous. Walt Disney World has a wonderful culture of accommodating guests with special needs. Service dogs are absolutely welcome in most locations throughout Walt Disney World. As you can imagine, there are attractions which can not accommodate a service animal. For example, knowing my own dog I don't think he would like Space Mountain very much. :)
A couple of items to note:
- All service animals must remain on their leashes at all times.
- Cast members are not permitted to take control of service animals.
For a list of restricted location, cautionary locations and service animal relief areas please consult the Service Animal Guest Services website. There are also wonderful guides available for each park (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom) which detail services for guest with disabilities. These guides are also available at the entrance to each park.
If you have any other questions please come back and see us.
Have a pixie-dusted day!
Sue N., IN
- View more answers about Pets
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.