Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Do cast members have to trade their pins if your ask them? Are they allowed to say no? Thanks for your help!!!
- - Asked by Janine from Massachusetts on 7/13/2008
- The short answer is "yes" they have to trade with you.
However, there are some other rules to keep in mind relating to your question:
- If the Cast Member has a green/teal lanyard, they will only trade with kids (age 3-12). Note: Most Cast Members have a blue (or other non-green) lanyard.
- You can't trade a pin that the Cast Member already has on their lanyard
- Your pin must be a metal Disney pin with a Disney trademark on the back
- You can only trade two pins per day with the same Cast Member
- Try to refrain from touching the Cast Member's pins or lanyard (common courtesy)
- In addition to the 12 pins on Cast Member lanyards, some Cast Members may wear a "Showcase" pin. These "Showcase" pins are for demonstration only and are not available for trade.
I hope this doesn't sound complicated. Pin trading is really very simple, and I think you will find that Cast Members love to trade pins with everyone. I also find that pin trading is a great activity for relatively timid kids, as it encourages them to talk with the Cast Members -- which can really add a lot of Magic to their (and your) vacation!!!
You can also get more information about Disney pin trading if you click HERE to visit Disney's official pin trading web site.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.