Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- First want to say thanks for all the help planning! Traveling w my dad who needs an ecv. Are there places around the parks to plug in during lunch etc? If not, how do you deal w the battery life? Thanks!
- - Asked by Alyssa from New York on 1/14/2014
- Welcome back Alyssa and what a great question!
There are to date three official charging stations in the Magic Kingdom. They are:
- Inside the Space Mountain Arcade in Tomorrowland
- Storybook Circus (ask Cast Member to point it out)
- Fantasyland Rapunzel rest area (near restroom)
There certainly are many outlets throughout Walt Disney World that can accommodate re-charging an ECV. However don't assume just because you see an outlet that it will be the correct voltage for your ECV. The suggestion that I received when I called Guest Services is to ask the Cast Members where you may recharge. They also suggested when you check in for your meal reservation to ask to be seated near an outlet in order to recharge. If your Dad is able to transfer to a regular chair to eat, then you open up further charging possibilities during your mealtime.
From my experience as a Physical Therapist, one key way to help your ECV battery last longer is to always turn it off and remove the key when stopped. Another way to prolong battery life is to utilize the low to moderate speed settings on the ECV. Keeping your scooter key on a bungee-style wrist keychain is very helpful in keeping track of the key since you will be removing it so often.
Have a MAGICAL trip with your family Alyssa!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.