Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- What advice do you have for keeping kids safe (getting lost, abducted etc) We are from small town New Zealand and don't want our kids to fear big crowds, but want them aware of stranger danger.What do you think should be on an ID band?What to do if lost?
- - Asked by Roger on 6/5/2011
- Hi Roger!
It always helps to be prepared - just like you are doing now! Our family is (originally) from a very small town in Vermont, so I've had some of the same concerns as you.
Here are a few things that we've always done while at the parks (or any larger destination):
Hope this helps! AND, I hope you have worry-free trip!
- Be sure to make sure your kids have some sort of identification with them. If they are old enough to carry a card with their name, parents names, hotel, and a cell phone/method of contact for you, then by all means do so. For young kids, you may want to invest in an identification bracelet, tags for their clothing/shoe or, I have even seen some parents use a permanent marker to write the information on a child's hand (so it can not be easily thrown away or lost).
- Let your child know that if they become separated from you, to approach any Cast Member. Point out the name tags that all Cast Members wear, so that they'll know how to identify them. In the event you are separated, an adult should also notify the nearest Cast Member. Any children who are separated from their parents are brought to the Child Care Center at the park. The locations of each Child Care Center do vary, but are marked on the park's map.
- And, last, but NEVER least, pick out a meeting place at the park where anyone who becomes separated can meet back up with the group (or so they can tell a Cast Member where Mom & Dad might be waiting). Pick a VERY specific spot that doesn't get overwhelmed by crowds. For example, "In front of Cinderella's Castle" wouldn't be a very good spot to meet. The area is quite large and will be quite crowded during shows and parades. However, a place like, in front of the Locker rental store at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom would be a better, more specific location.
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.