Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- My wife & I are taking our 4 year old daughter to WDW for 04/05-12th. We are traveling with some family and close friends that have never been to WDW. What are highlights ]u would suggest for both old and young? Its our 1st Anniversary too. Any thoug
- - Asked by John from Pennsylvania on 7/15/2008
- Apologies for the delayed reply. After much consideration, and some procrastination, I've come up with some favorite highlights...
- Plan at least two days in the Magic Kingdom
- Make time for relaxing at the resort pool and taking afternoon breaks.
- Plan 2-3 character meals
- See Illuminations at Epcot
- Plan AT LEAST one adult (preferably "signature") dining experience. Kids are perfectly welcome, but if you like, consider leaving the kids with babysitter or at a kids club.
- Visit Epcot's World Showcase. The kids can do Kidcot (see www.stitchkingdom.com for great info), while the adults enjoy the shops and food/drink sampling.
- Try Toy Story Midway Mania in Hollywood Studios. It's a GREAT fun-for-the-entire-family attraction. Get FASTPASSes early in the day -- this is a VERY popular ride.
- Consider doing the Family Magic Tour at the Magic Kingdom.
- Prepurchase the PhotoPass (click HERE). Cost is approx. $100 (as of July '08), and your entire group can consolidate all of their PhotoPass cards after your vacation into one account. This is a no brainer.
- Get a babysitter or use one of the resort kid clubs
- Pick up a pair of Anniversary buttons at Guest Services.
- Dinner during Magic Kingdom fireworks at either Narcoossee's or California Grill. Alternate ideas: an Illuminations cruise or watch the fireworks from the Polynesian Resort beach (free, and tres romantic!)
- Consider eating lunch at the Coral Reef and pre-arrange a DiveQuest diver to swim by your table with a "Happy Anniversary" sign and/or pre-arrange a custom menu with photos and a note from you. Both of these are free services, but they are limited. Contact the Coral Reef via email (wdw.Epcot.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Tell Debbi I sent you! ;-)
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.