Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I am overweight, about 300lbs. will I have trouble riding the rides/ coasters?
- - Asked by Jessica on 9/27/2009
- Disney does a great job of accommodating the needs of guests with all shapes, sizes and abilities. There are very few rides and attractions at WDW that prove challenging
for plus-size people. You should be able to experience almost
everything at Walt Disney World. To help you navigate I do have some
resources for you:
1. PassPorter's Open Mouse for Walt Disney World. This is the best
guidebook going for people with any sort of physical issue, including
size. Every ride at WDW is described in great detail, including the
size and type of seating and the type of restraint used on the ride.
This book is available through amazon.com and many larger bookstores.
2. The independent website allearsnet.com. Search there for a great
article called "WDW at Large" and also for "At Large" trip reports.
Lots of practical tips!
Additionally, you may find the following Moms Panel questions helpful: HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Good luck with your planning.
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.