Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- What are the biggest differences between the value and deluxe resorts? We have 6 year-old twins and don't see huge advantages to staying at a deluxe resort with them.
- - Asked by shaun from Colorado on 3/18/2009
- Hi Shaun - that is a great question. In my opinion, while the deluxe resorts do offer more, depending upon your vacation plans, it may not be worth the extra money to pay for them. Here's some of the main differences:
All of the Disney properties offer the same basic benefits, such as the Disney transportation, free Magical Express service, and extra magic hours.
- Deluxe resorts are hotel-style, and you enter the room from an indoor hallway. Moderate and value resorts are motel-style, and the entrance to your room is outdoors.
- Deluxe resorts often have special amenities, such as a spa, gym, and nicer pool areas.
- Many of the deluxe resorts are closer to the theme parks.
- Deluxe resorts are usually smaller than value resorts, so there may be less people on the buses and in the food courts
- Deluxe resort rooms are slightly larger and have refrigerators, coffee machines, and higher quality toiletries.
- Deluxe resorts have table service restaurants, while the value resorts do not.
- The grounds and the themes of the deluxe resorts are generally nicer.
I hope that helps you make your decision!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.