Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- hello I am planning a trip to DW in sept 2014 with my husband, sons (both 3 1/2) and my MIL. Deciding between a suite or two connecting rooms. Any pros or cons? two separate rooms is actully cheaper
- - Asked by Ashley from Rhode Island on 12/30/2013
- Hi Ashley! I am also a party of five and when my children were smaller, we always opted for the two rooms. Although it's not guaranteed, I've never had an issue getting two rooms with an adjoining door in between. There are many advantages to having two rooms with the obvious being two bathrooms and four beds but other advantages include:
- nap times are super convenient when you have two rooms. Those who need to nap (or go to sleep early) can do so in one room while the remainder of the party can hang out in the second room.
- Mother-In-Laws are super fun but I bet she will want some down time to recharge.
- Perhaps you and hub will want to go out for a night on the town while MIL babysits - you can arrive back in the room without disturbing them.
That being said, I absolutely love the suites at Art of Animation. It truly is one of my favorite resorts. The resort is fun with tons of photo ops throughout. If your boys are into Cars - there is an entire section of the resort with that theme. You will have two bathrooms and if MIL doesn't mind sleeping on a pull-out couch, your boys could sleep on the murphy bed that pulls down over the dining room table. You and hub would have your own bedroom with a master bath.
Bottom line, if budget and privacy is your main concern, I would go with the two rooms. Otherwise, consider a suite at the Art of Animation.
I hope this helps and may your vacation is truly magical!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.