Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I am taking my 1.5 y o daughter and 3.5 y o son to Disney in January for their first time. We have flight, room and character breakfasts booked. I'd love suggestions on park tickets that don't break the bank. Love any suggestions for 3 days of fun.
- - Asked by Carolyn from Maine on 11/3/2013
- Hello Carolyn, welcome to the Disney Parks Mom´s Panel!
Congratulations on your family´s first Walt Disney World vacation.
Let me start by noting that children 2 years or younger do not need Disney park tickets to access the parks - admission is free.
For a vacation with 3 full days at the parks I suggest a 3 day ticket with the Park Hopper Option. With this option you will be able to visit all 4 theme parks.
- One full day at Magic Kingdom
- One day at Animal Kingdom until 5:00 pm and hop to Magic Kingdom
- One day at Epcot until 4:00 or 5:00 pm and hop to Hollywood Studios
Try park hopping to a park with late night hours
Without the Park Hopper Option you will not be able to visit 1 or 2 theme parks - Magic Kingdom always deserves 2 visits or more, if possible.
If I have to recommend a park not to visit, Hollywood Studios would be the one - because of your children´s age.
Another alternative is buying a 4 day ticket, if you can visit a fourth day, even if for a few hours. This will cost less than adding the Park Hopper Option.
Make the most of early and late park hours and bring your own strollers.
Thank you for visiting and letting us help you plan a magical Disney vacation.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.