Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are planning for a 2014 or 2015 vacation and I was wondering if Disney offers any type of savings plan. Something where you can deposit money to save for future vacations.
- - Asked by Chris on 6/11/2013
- Hi Chris!
I'm not aware of a Walt Disney World Savings Plan, but I do have a few tips to help you save for a Disney Vacation.
1. Open up a separate savings account specifically for your vacation. Set up an auto-draft to have a pre-selected amount of money transferred from your paycheck to your savings account automatically so you will save money without thinking about it.
2. Buy Disney Gift Cards - Throughout the year you can purchase Disney Gift Cards in small, manageable amounts, such as for $10 or $20. Save up your gift cards throughout the year and you can use them to pay for your Disney Resort, Souviners, Park admission and more! You can use them for pretty much anything down at Disney.
3. Encourage your family to each cut back on one "extra" expense, such as their morning coffee, lunch out, little toys here and there. Take the extra money you would have spent on that item, and deposit it into your savings account.
I hope you have a magical vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.