Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I'm a single mother of a 5 year old son and I was wondering if there were any package deals for 1 adult and 1 child?
- - Asked by jill from New York on 1/19/2010
- Hi Jill!
I am so excited that you want to take your son to Walt Disney World! I am a single Father to one great 12 year old boy. We started going to Walt Disney World together on vacation in 2007 and have been two more times since then. I am convinced that Walt Disney World is the best place to vacation with your kids especially if you are a single parent!
There are new package deals coming out all of the time for stays at Walt Disney World, so instead of recommending a specific package deal that may be out of date by the time that you read my answer, I am going to give you things that I do to save money when I go on vacation to Walt Disney World with my son.
1. Get a Disney certified travel agent--they will help you find the best deal for your family (also this type of travel agent doesn't cost you anything extra)
2. Stay in a Value Resort during a Value Season--Value Resorts cost less per night
3. Book your Disney vacation during a Free Dining time--If free dining is offered (typically it is offered the last week of Aug. until the beginning of Oct.) this gives you two free meals a day
4. Use the Magical Express Service--this is free transportation to and from the Orlando Airport
5. Use the free transportation at Walt Disney World--You do not have to rent a car and you can travel anywhere in Walt Disney World.
6. Buy Park Tickets with your Package--Only buy enough Park Tickets for your full days during your vacation. On your arrival and departure day find other things to do that do not require using a one day's Park Ticket
Using these 6 tips above, my average cost including airfare, lodging, transportation, food, and other purchases was under $2,000 for my son and I on our three trips to Walt Disney World!
I hope that you and your son make some magical lifetime memories together on your trip to Walt Disney World!
Keep Dreaming Big!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.