Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are planning on our first trip in May 2011. Is it too early to start planning? If so when would be the best time to book rooms? Its just me and my husband. Our very first trip there. Planning on staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
- - Asked by Deb from Wyoming on 1/27/2008
2011? You'll fit in here with us compulsive planners just fine!
Although it never hurts to plan early, there isn't too much you can reserve right now. Rooms can be booked 499 days in advance (rates come out approx. mid-year for the following year). Although there are a few exceptions, most dining and activity reservations are 180 (+10, once you reach your 180 day window, if you are at a Disney Resort).
For now I'd focus on doing some advance research on the resorts, dining options, tours, and other available activities. If you haven't gotten any guidebooks yet, some of the more popular options are
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008
- Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2008
- PassPorter Walt Disney World 2008
I'd recommend scanning several of them at a bookstore to see which ones meet your needs. Several of these guidebooks also have "without kids" versions, which can give you some great ideas for things for you and your husband to do at WDW.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.