Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are planning a SURPRISE trip for our kids this Dec 27-Jan 3. I know it is the high season and very expensive. any tips?? This will be my 1st visit!! Budget advice? staying on Disney at the All Star Music Resort in a family suite, 6 people. thanks
- - Asked by Christy from Ontario on 2/25/2014
Wow, now that's a surprise all right! If this is a holiday present for your children I hope you post a video online someday. My daughter loves watching clips of kids finding out they are going to Walt Disney World. Honestly, I do too.
Yes, vacationing during the holiday season is more expensive than other times of the year. But there are always ways to save a little money no matter what time of year you travel. Here are some of my favorite tips:
- Keep an eye on the Special Offers page for any deals that might occur before your trip. If one appears, call to see if you can apply the discount to your reservation.
- Book a Magic Your Way vacation package with park tickets and select base tickets only (no park hopper). You can upgrade to park hopper once you are there if you decide it is something you want to do.
- Select a Disney Dining Plan - my favorite is the "regular" plan which includes one table service meal, one quick service meal and one snack per day per person.
- Bring or purchase (Garden Grocer or other grocery delivery services) juice pouches, snacks, and simple foods for having a quick breakfast or snacks in your room.
- Use the Magical Express transportation to/from Orlando International Airport if flying.
- Ask for Disney Gift cards as presents for you and your children this year for birthdays and celebrations prior to vacation. Your kids don't have to know when they are going, they can be for "some day when we go"
- Pack glow sticks and other Disney merchandise easily found at your local discount stores for your kids.
- Bring your own stroller.
- Look through the budget tips at Mousesavers.com website for other budget tips that appeal to your family.
Have a MAGICAL trip Christy!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.