Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- I have a large family of 7.when we go to Disney spring of 2015 our kids will be 12,6,5,2,and almost one (our fifth is due May 2014:).what is the most economical way for a family our size to go to Disney.only my 12 year old has been.the 4 youngest haven't.
- - Asked by Heather from South Carolina on 1/13/2014
Congratulations on the newest addition to your family! You are my kind of Mom ~ already planning a Disney vacation before the baby is born!
I have a large family as well and love a good deal for our vacation budget. Below are my top budget friendly lodging options for a large family:
- Value Resort Family Suites (All Star Music and Art of Animation) - sleeps six plus one child under age of three in a crib/pack-n-play
- Two connecting rooms at the Value Resorts (All Stars, Art of Animation, and Pop Century) - will sleep eight total
- Cabin at Fort Wilderness - sleeps six plus one child under the age of three in a crib/pack-n-play
The differences between each choice are price and amenities. With two connecting rooms you have four double beds. However connecting rooms are not guaranteed, so keep that in mind if you do not want to take a chance that you might have to split up your party. If you do reserve two rooms be sure to request "connecting" not adjoining. Adjoining means side by side and connecting means they have an interior door between the two rooms.
The family suites have a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and sink. It's perfect for grab and go breakfasts.
The cabins at Fort Wilderness have a complete kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and coffeemaker. It's ideal if you are wanting to prepare more elaborate meals.
Whichever you decide, you are sure to be immersed in the magic of Disney! Good luck with your new baby and be sure to visit us again at the Disney Parks Moms Panel for all of your vacation planning questions!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.