Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Am looking for something to do on our last night June 16, Tried Pirates & pals no openings. Are With 2 teens who have never been. All suggestions welcome.
- - Asked by Shirley from Wisconsin on 3/12/2011
- Hi Shirley,
I'm like you...I like to have something special to do on our last night. I also have two teens, so let me give you some suggestions that our family would enjoy:
- Seeing the fireworks over Cinderalla's Castle one more time. Two ideas to do this: one is the "Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party". This is held at the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant on most nights. One hour before fireworks begin, you can head in to the restaurant and there is a buffet of sweets and beverages. When the Wishes fireworks begin, you will have a wonderful vantage point from which to watch. Book this by calling 407-WDW-DINE. A second option that won't cost you a cent would be to watch the fireworks from the beach at the Polynesian Resort. There are hammocks and chairs here and you will be able to see the fireworks from afar!
- How about a fun game of mini golf? There are several miniature golf courses to chose from, and they are open until 11pm each night. Our favorite is the Fantasia Gardens course, on the grounds of the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort. There are two courses here: the Fantasia Gardens (a super-fun miniature golf course, full of 'musical surprises') and the Fantasia Fairway (which resembles a real golf course, but in miniature). There is also the 'Winter Summerland' course directly beside the Blizzard Beach. There are two courses here as well: the Winter course and the Summer Course. There is a great story to each of these courses, and lots of surprises as well!
- Disney's Boardwalk - If you have not done this yet, check it out! In the evenings, stroll along the boardwalk and see live street performers, food vendors, midway games and live entertainment. This is so relaxing and fun - our family really enjoyed it!
Shirley, whatever you decide to do, enjoy your time with your family!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.