Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We will be taking an extended family trip in October, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for Disney history, biography, or planning books. My nephew is 9 and is going to be over the moon when he finds out about the trip!
- - Asked by Gina from Wisconsin on 3/1/2014
- Hi Gina -
My own library includes nearly 300 books related to Disney movies and parks history. There's so much to choose from! I'm a little unclear about whether the books are for you or your nephew, so I'm including titles aimed at kids as well as adults. A nine-year-old who's a good reader will be able to get something out of most of them. Here are some of my favorites:
- Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, Len Testa, Most comprehensive planning guide around.
- Walt Disney's Imagineering Legends, Jeff Kurtti, History of the genesis of the parks.
- Walt Disney World Trivia Book, Lou Mongello, Fun facts and secrets about the parks.
- Since the World Began, Jeff Kurtti. The first 25 years of Walt Disney World.
- Designing Disney, John Hench. Great illustrations about park design.
- Kingdom Keepers, Ridley Pearson, Fiction for kids. Takes place in the Disney parks.
- Walt Disney: A Triumph of the American Imagination, Neal Gabler. In depth biography of the man.
- Walt Disney: Young Moviemaker, Marie Hammontree. Biography for kids.
- Imagineering Field Guide (series). Brief illustrated history of each park.
- Vinyl Leaves, Stephen Fjellman. A look at the sociological impact of the Disney parks on America.
- Complete Idiot's Guide to Walt Disney World, Doug Ingersoll. Easy to use guide.
There are MANY more titles to choose from. Please let me know more about your interests and I'd be happy to recommend more.
Also, you'll want to look on iTunes for several History Channel and Travel Channel specials about various aspects of Walt Disney World.
Good luck with your planning. We're happy to help!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.