Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hubby and I are travling with a 9 mo old 7/15-20th. Concerned about it being too hot and crowded for LO to enjoy. Suggested on times to visit MK, Epcot, and AK; on what to take to parks for good exp w/
LO? Taking canopy umbrella stroller and carrier. Thx
- - Asked by Desland from Alabama on 3/16/2014
- Hi Desland!
We've traveled with little ones around that time frame quite frequently. Helping to keep them cool is one of the biggest concerns, as is sun protection. We took several steps to make our vacation fun for everyone!
1. Hydration: make sure that your little one is properly hydrated, so either pack plenty of formula, or make sure that you're drinking enough extra fluids to keep your milk supply established. If you are breast feeding, make sure you check out the Nursing Mothers Rooms at Baby Care Centers located in each of the theme parks.
2. The Baby Care Centers are a great place to feed, diaper, and change your baby. They're also a great place to escape the heat, and cool off, so keep that in mind during your visit.
3. Sun protection: make sure you travel with a wide-brim hat. This will help shield your baby from the sun and protect their delicate little faces. Also, make sure you use a baby-friendly sunblock each day and re-apply as needed.
4. Keeping cool: we'd always travel with a misting bottle and a mini fan to help keep our little ones cool as well.
5. Park touring: get as much in as you can in the early morning to morning hours, as it is cooler then. Then, plan on heading back to either your resort, or a cool, quiet area for a midday nap. We'd sometimes even go for a dip in the pool before heading back to the parks in the early evening. By following this schedule, you can avoid the hottest part of the day, which is great for everyone!
6. Snacks: make sure to pack some of those baby friendly snacks for baby when hitting the parks. Also, if you'll be allowed to bringing baby food (as well as snacks) in for the baby.
Have a magical vacation!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.