Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi. We are taking my son who will be 1 yrs old by the time we go to WDW in April. Do you have any tips on how to pack and planning to make this trip easier on him and us?
- - Asked by Leslie from Connecticut on 1/22/2014
Traveling with a little one can feel intimidating, but it's actually not as bad as many make it out to be. We've done many trips with ours as little ones, so it's second nature for us at this point. Here are my thoughts:
1. Pack diapers and wipes, then use the empty space to pack souvenirs on the trip back.
2. If flying, pack distractions for the plane, iPad, iPhone, colors (Color Wonder pads and markers are great). Pack snacks, and then pack even more snacks. Bring a couple of his favorite sippy cups and make sure he drinks on takeoff and landing (especially landing). Toddler safe lollipops are also a great idea.
3. If flying, pack a spare outfit for your son, and a spare top for yourself. I can't count how many times I ended up covered in toddler goo and food muck by the end of the flight. It's also great in case there is a spill.
4. Always keep some extra wipes and diapers in your carry-on bags if you're using Disney's Magical Express for Resort Luggage Delivery, as it can take a few hours for your bags to be delivered.
5. At the parks, take it slow. Enjoy the little things. He'll love the music, the sights, and sounds! If he wants to ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant 4 times, let him. For us, our vacations are about our kids, so we often end up riding certain rides over and over.
6. Stick as closely as you can to his eat/sleep schedule. Pack plenty of snacks, and if possible, head back to your resort for his nap time. Keep him snacked and hydrated as well.
7. Know that he might not love the characters, and that's ok. You'll never know how he'll act until you meet them for the first time!
8. Have fun and enjoy this special time!
Have a magical vacation!
Moms Panel in:
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Resort or Disney Vacation Club vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.