Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- Hi! Planning on my third trip to wdw in April 2014. First time I'm going to take this trip with my three kids alone. 14,9,1. Am I nuts for trying this? I will be driving two days from mi to fl. Staying a week at wdw. Advice?? Any single parent veterans?
- - Asked by Dana from Michigan on 1/4/2014
- Hi Dana! Thanks for the great question. First off, no, you're not nuts! I have traveled to Disney World as a single mom and assure you Disney World is a perfect spot to do so! Granted, I only have one daughter, but have often had other kids with me. I do totally understand you feeling overwhelmed. I admit I was also apprehensive the first time I brought my daughter to Disney World without family or friends. Rest assured that the feeling didn't last.
My best advice is to not be shy. Disney cast members are there to help, and be sure to take them up on it. Here are few other suggestions to make your trip easier:
- Get to the parks at opening, or at least as early as possible. You will enjoy less crowds and be amazed at how much you get done before the crowds hit.
- Take in a character meal. They're fun for kids of all ages, and are great way to visit with the characters without lineups. My daughter loves buffets, and there is always a guarantee there's something for everyone tastes. Be sure to reserve in advance as these are extremely popular and fill up quickly, as does most full service dining. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) to make your reservations.
- Be sure to ask people to take your pictures so you can both be in the shots. I highly recommend the Photo Pass service, or ask the Photo Pass photographers to take pictures with your camera.
- Relax, and enjoy all the magic Disney has to offer. You will create beautiful memories for you and your kids!
Write me back with any other questions as you plan your magical vacation Dana!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.