Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We are long time WDW visitors, but this time we're bringing our 2 year old for his first visit. Tips on traveling with a toddler? I'm shipping ahead snacks & diapers. What else do I need to know?
- - Asked by Allyson from Texas on 11/12/2013
- Hi Allyson,
I'm so glad to hear that you'll be giving your son the opportunity to visit Walt Disney World as a toddler. He'll have a ton of fun as he encounters all of the sensory experiences along the way!
My wife and I have taken both of our children on many Disney vacations through the infant/toddler/preschool years, so I have a bunch of ideas to share!
1) Shipping diapers, wipes, and other supplies is always my first tip. I'm glad you already have that one on your radar!
2) Talk to your son about the experience of traveling. Explain the process of navigating an airport (or rules for road trips) and even consider showing him pictures or videos of what he'll see and experience as you make your way to Florida.
3) I'm guessing you already know about the Baby Care Centers in each theme park. Not only are they awesome places for a quick break or diaper change, but they also have a great selection of supplies in case you forgot something from home.
4) If you can't find the supplies you need at the Baby Care Centers, the cast members at the front desk of your resort hotel can help. Disney has a contract with a local pharmacy that delivers pretty much anything you can think of (for a small fee, of course). If you're brand loyal to a particular product, this can be a very helpful service!
5) The resort hotels offer bed rails and pack-and-plays that you can use free of charge. Just call down to the front desk and they can have a cast member bring them to your room (and set them up as well).
Here's a bonus tip from your buddy Derek:
Consider taking mid-day breaks back at your resort hotel. A rested toddler is a happy toddler and a nap in the comfort of your room is definitely the way to go.
I hope that helps! Please feel free to write back if you'd like more tips or if you have any additional questions!
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.