Answered Question - Disney Parks Moms Panel
- We planned our Disney vacation before we found out that we were pregnant, we have 2 boys 5&4 one with special needs, we are thinking of postponing for a month after baby is born but we made a promise to the boys how do we do Disney with a 1 month baby?
- - Asked by Karen from North Carolina on 11/11/2013
- Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel Karen ~
Congratulations on the news of your upcoming addition to your family! I have been taking my boys to Disney World since they were born so let me assure you - you can do Disney with a baby. I think that if you go as prepared as possible & in the right mindset, you can have a great time.
Here are some things I've found helpful when traveling to Disney with infants:
* Take advantage of the Baby Care Centers located in all 4 theme parks.
* Your baby can ride any of the attractions with no height requirements. For those attractions with height requirements, you can use the Rider Switch option.
* Be sure to give him/her breaks from their stroller.
* Try (it may be hard) to stick to nap times.
* Keep your baby fed and well hydrated.
* I answered a question for another Guest with some tips on strollers that you may also find helpful.
* If you're flying, ship bulky items to your resort ahead of time to save room in your luggage.
* Bringing another adult along for an extra set of hands can help.
* If you see that your baby has had enough for the day, pack it up and head back to your resort. You may not get to do everything on your trip, but you will enjoy everything you do.
Please feel free to visit again with all of your questions. We're thrilled to assist you.
Wishing you minnie magical memories :-) Allison V.
Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disneyland® Resort or Disney Vacation Club® vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online prior to posting.